Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Little Princess at Country Oven


I recently happened to go to Country Oven after a hard day at office. I was feeling very hungry and decided to eat a hot dog with Thumbs Up (no, I am not promoting it!). I took a coupon and ordered my evening snacks. Holding the tray in my hand, I looked for a place to sit. Just when I thought that I found the perfect seat to relish the hot dog and satisfy my hunger pangs, a little girl started shouting and waving at me as if to stop me from sitting there. I thought it was reserved by her mom and her. Her mom was at the counter deciding on a pastry for her little princess.

Scared by my little protestor, I decided to sit on an adjacent seat. But again she protested. I didn’t understand. Then she pointed her finger to my tray. I thought she wanted a sip of the Thumbs Up. Before I could decide what I had to do, the little girl popped out the cherry from my hot dog and put it inside her mouth. Now she was relieved! She then rushed to her mother at the counter to get hold of her next delicacy. She again started shouting at the counter, this time louder than before. I didn’t understand. When I turned back I saw her pointing towards the hot dogs with the cherries in the display! The shouts had to be louder as there were so many cherries!! It was sooooooo sweeet.